Tuesday 12 April 2022

Time to Press 'Pause'

 I'm not quitting, just taking a break

In my natural habitat (photo by Deborah Jaffe)


I started this blog in June 2007. After an uncertain beginning, it pretty soon became a space where I could let my creativity run wild. Unsurprisingly, many of the pieces I wrote here made it to my first book, "Cuban, Immigrant, and Londoner". The experience of blogging and the (mostly) positive feedback I received as a blogger, gave me the confidence to approach publishers.

However, as many of you, fellow bloggers and readers, have noticed, I don't post here often. That's because in between holding two jobs (teaching English as a foreign language and delivering cycling training, in addition to promoting my book when possible) I find it difficult to update this much-cherished space of mine. That's why I have decided to pause for the time being. I won't be idle, though. In fact, I haven't been idle. One of the reasons why I'm taking a break from Blogger is that for the last seven years I have become more established on Medium. As a platform for writers, Medium felt like home as soon as I signed up to it. Becoming a member years later was the next logical step. What that meant was that I suddenly had access to a wide range of contributors, writing on anything from relationships to food. I also loved the sense of community we all created.

You, too, have the chance to access similar content (including my own posts) and become part of the Medium community. By clicking on the link below, you can sign up, become a member, start reading stories on your favourite topics and even write your own posts.

Don't delay. I'll be waiting for you.  Hear that sound? That's the sound of the kettle. I've just put it on.

Become a Medium member today

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for checking in with us friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time on Medium - though you will be missed here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you here (you are at the top of my new "blog roll" page!), but understand all your reasoning. I hope your book is selling well. I gave it a good review in my February book wrap-up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss you on this platform but will check in periodically in anticipate (and hope) for your return. In the meantime, may blessings peace, and mercy be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on Medium. I'm not much for other writing related story sites beyond those I already visit, so you will be missed on Blogger. Although it sounds like it was inevitable, as more and more people are migrating from places like Blogger and WordPress to places like Substack and Medium, not only to reach more readers but to make money from their writings as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time on Medium ...
    I hope that you will still put the occasional post up on blogger though.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll miss you on here. I have read some on Medium but haven't gone to the site yet. I have you book on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always enjoyed visiting your blog. :)
    Enjoy your time on Medium!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continued good luck on Medium!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am going to miss you here, Mario! According to many, Medium is the place where engaging texts are found now, but because my blog is mainly about photos (and because reading complex texts in English is fatiguing), I think Blogger will remain my home. :)
    I wish you all the success and hope to see you again soon. Have a peaceful Easter time. 🌿💚

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishing you a great time off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will certainly miss you, but I will sign up for Medium.

    Congratulations and best of luck with book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mario - I haven't forgotten, just clearing a few things during April ... but I'll be back to you re your book. Good luck with Medium ... and also more importantly all the best with all your projects. I'll look forward to the odd post - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish you a happy happy Summertime!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Venturing forth into other areas is a sign of nurturing and growth. Excellent. I may sign up and find you there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Našel jsem Mr. Pedro na blogu od někoho, kdo ho doporučuje každému, kdo hledá půjčku. Byl jsem tak nadšený a motivovaný být v této pozici finanční svobody, protože moje rodina hladověla, oslovil jsem pana Mr. Pedro v žádosti, kterou jsem mu řekl, můj životní příběh o finanční situaci, pošle mi formulář žádosti, abych vyplnil své údaje, což jsem udělal, poté, co mi poslal smlouvu o půjčce, předal jsem ji svému právníkovi k vyřízení podívejte se a poraďte mi jak dál. Podepsal jsem smlouvu o půjčce poté, co byla moje půjčka schválena před několika hodinami, banka mě kontaktuje ohledně převodu prostředků a poplatků, které musím uhradit na přepážce banky. bylo velmi příjemné pracovat s panem Pedrem a velmi mu děkuji za pomoc, kterou mi poskytl a která opravdu pomohla mé rodině hladovět. Kontaktujte prosím Mr. Pedro na e-mailu: pedroloanss@gmail.com, protože je vždy zaneprázdněn, ale mají s ním také dalšího profesionálního spoluhráče.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Win Ex lover back in 48 hours...

    Email Robinsonbuckler11 [[gmail....com]]___________________________

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...